For Researchers / Faculty
Discover What’s New and What’s Next
The IEEE Computer Society provides comprehensive, authoritative, and trusted resources to faculty, researchers, and others involved in computer science and engineering.
- Keep up with who is doing work in the field, and get your results in front of a dedicated community.
- Discover opportunities to volunteer, get connected to consumers of the research, and make a difference.
- Access materials for lesson plans and student project ideas.
Inspire Future Generations
The IEEE Computer Society lets you give back.
- Connect and mentor younger professionals, and inspire future generations to overcome their challenges.
- Share your time and talents to help solve problems, strengthen communities, and connect with others.
- Commit to your profession by becoming an IEEE Fellow, a distinction reserved for the top 1% of members.
Network, Collaborate, and Engage
The IEEE Computer Society helps you meet like-minded professionals, build relationships, and participate in communities in your area of specialization.
- Join any of our 27 Technical Committees or 20 Special Technical Communities. There are no additional membership dues to join one of these specialized communities.
- Strengthen your leadership skills by getting involved at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Step up to any of the many volunteer opportunities, and help shape the future of the society.
All Members Also Receive These Benefits
The IEEE Computer Society’s award-winning, peer-reviewed flagship magazine (delivered monthly).
Conferences & Events
Deep discounts on all IEEE Computer Society events.
A best-of compilation of the IEEE Computer Society's 12 magazines (delivered monthly).
Opportunities to get involved in your local chapter.